What’s new in payments
PC-EFTPOS recently met with Mangala Martinus to learn more about the Payments Consulting Network. Mangala and the team of payments industry consultants are very experienced across a wide range of products. We were particularly interested in the Merchant Pricing Hub website that was launched in May 2018. This is a great resource for merchants wanting information about their options for accepting payments in-store and online.
Payments Consulting Network (PCN) is a specialist consultancy that offers in-depth strategy, market research, technical advisory and benchmarking expertise across all payments products, channels and platforms.
Founded to support organisations across the payments sector – financial institutions, card schemes, merchants, processors, service providers, associations and fintechs – PCN now has over 25 experienced payments industry consultants across Australia, New Zealand, India, Singapore, USA, Canada, UK and Germany.
PCN was recently selected as one of Westpac’s 2018 Businesses of Tomorrow.
PCN has had a giving program in place since inception. Our vision is to create a consulting business with a social conscience that supports not-for-profit organisations that promote conditions of sustainable human development in which people can fulfill their needs and live in dignity.
Merchant Pricing Hub is Australia’s first independent website dedicated to helping merchants find the best in-store or online payments service provider for their business.
Do you want to accept card payments online or in-store, or check whether your current service and pricing is best in market for your requirements? With numerous payments service providers, a myriad of pricing structures and varying levels of features and functionality provided, it is difficult to find all the information you need and even harder making the best decision for your business. Too often business owners just do a Google search or simply stick with their current bank when selecting their payments service provider. Such decisions may mean that you are paying hundreds of dollars more per month than needed. This is where the Merchant Pricing Hub comes in.
The aim is to provide merchants with a range of tools and resources to help them make the right choice when selecting a merchant service provider for in-store (Point of Sale or POS) or online (Ecommerce) payments.
How does it work? Sign up to an annual membership, go to the Service Provider Profiles page to select the features and functionality that you need to quickly filter the full list of 40+ service providers down to a shortlist that can meet all of your requirements.
With the easy-to-use Pricing Calculator you will then be able to compare the pricing structures of these service providers.
If you already have a payment facility, complete a short online survey to generate a Benchmarking Report to help you better understand how you compare with other merchants of a similar size or in the same industry.
Also available are:
- Free newsletter (published quarterly) – information on new products, services, features and pricing offers available in the market, as well as interviews with industry experts.
- Offers – special deals offered by service providers to Merchant Pricing Hub users.
- Partners – information about our partners that offer complementary services.
- Guides – useful “how to” guides.
- News page – articles on new product releases, market research and interviews with industry experts.
What are the Benefits?
By taking up annual membership to access 40+ service provider profiles, the pricing calculator and benchmarking reports:
- Save time – detailed research on each service provider is available to you with fee structure analysis – presented in easy to understand and consistent formats, with search and filter tools to help you make easy comparisons.
- Save money – quickly compare the pricing plans of different service providers and products. You can run the pricing calculator as many times as you want with different assumptions, so you can look at different scenarios (e.g peak months or seasons, start-up phase, growth phase).
Be confident that you have made the right decision for your business.